Problema con la wallet

Get help if you're having issues
luisinho26

Problema con la wallet

Post by luisinho26 »

Hola, quería preguntar como puedo integrar la semilla que ya tengo en la wallet. Me dice que tengo que crear una, pero ya tengo una wallet, lo que pasa es que no se como integrar la semilla en la wallet
mooo

Re: Problema con la wallet

Post by mooo »

I think you're asking why you're being asked to create a wallet when you have another/a seed already.
If that is correct, you don't have to create one again, you can use your existing one with the game: deposit some coins to the game, and you'll be asked for a name for your new player and you can play as soon as the deposit is mined.
If that's not what you asked, try in English.
luisinho26

Post by luisinho26 »

Hello, thanks for the answer. The problem is that I try to enter a previous account and I do not have the seed integrated. I am currently playing with one account, but would like to be able to get the other account back. I have the seed of the old account, but I don't know how to put it and be able to play with the 2. Thanks and regards
mooo

Post by mooo »

Run:

townforge-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet

Then follow the instructions. This will recreate a wallet file from your seed, and you can then load it in game.
luisinho26

Post by luisinho26 »

Thanks for answering. I already did that, but it didn't go well for me. When I run townforge-wallet-cli it asks me to insert the name of the account and put what I say tells me that it does not recognize it and if I want to create a new one with that name. I have also tried it within the account, I have put restore-deterministic-wallet and it tells me that it does not recognize this command. I'm sure I'm not doing it the way it should be. My question is, where and how should I execute the command -restore-deterministic-wallet, thank you very much for your help.
mooo

Post by mooo »

By "it asks me to insert the name of the account" I assume you mean the name of the file to write the wallet to ?
You can use any filename, even if restoring the same seed. You'll just have the same wallet twice. This'd be confusing though, so best not to. If you already have a wallet by that name though, you don't need to restore it.

> how should I execute the command -restore-deterministic-wallet

Exactly as I said in the previous post: townforge-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet

Do pass the right directory if townforge-wallet-cli is not in the current directory though, eg: ./bin/townforge-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet
luisinho26

Post by luisinho26 »

Hi thanks for the help again. But I still can't get it. The command tells me that it is wrong and when I put help advance, the command you gave me does not appear. I know I am not executing the correct command
mooo

Post by mooo »

help advanced will not list it because it only lists commands, not command line parameters. townforge-wallet-cli --help would list it.

Just paste what you did. Paraphrasing what you did and what happens is too vague.
luisinho26

Post by luisinho26 »

Hi, Thanks for the help, although I haven't gotten it yet. At the moment I will not try again, I will play with the current account. But I am worried if tomorrow, I have to use the account on another computer, not being able to use it and lose everything. I get lost with the commands, I do not know if I execute it in the correct place or if the command I put is the correct one and I am sorry that you are trying to help me and I cannot solve it. Thanks again
mooo

Post by mooo »

No worries, and as long as you keep your word seed, you can always recover your coins later.