Chat messages don't appear in chatbox

Get help if you're having issues
purplepotato

Chat messages don't appear in chatbox

Post by purplepotato »

Hey guys, nice to see the game updated! I think the avatar option is great :), i have an issue though. My chats don't appear in the chat box, i can't see any other messages either. I can see they appear in the mempool on the testnet blockexplorer. I have an in game account but don't know what the issue is.

Now that the avatar option is available, will it be possible to see each other walking in game later on? Probably someone has to run a server for that? Would be awesome
mooo

Re: Chat messages don't appear in chatbox

Post by mooo »

The testnet restarted a few days ago, did you create a new wallet or delete the wallet cache ? If not, it might be that.
Is the game displaying an error on the bottom right, about not being able to reorg ? If yes, then quit the game, delete the wallet cache (ie, if your wallet is WAL.keys, delete file WAL file, but keep WAL.keys), then restart the game.
You might also not have deleted your chain. In which case you need to delete it, as well as a file called tf-block-hashes-testnet.data if you have one.
purplepotato

Re: Chat messages don't appear in chatbox

Post by purplepotato »

Thanks will try that. I did create a new wallet, but maybe I didn't delete the tf-block-hashes-testnet.data file. Will check