With which cryptocurrency the reward is received and with which wallet the balance can be seen.

Get help if you're having issues
luisinho26

With which cryptocurrency the reward is received and with which wallet the balance can be seen.

Post by luisinho26 »

Hello, I would like to know if the reward cryptocurrency is gold and in which wallet can the real balance be seen? Thanks and regards.
mooo

Re: With which cryptocurrency the reward is received and with which wallet the balance can be seen.

Post by mooo »

It's called gold because it more or less makes sense as a game currency for tenth century.

You can see your in-game and out-of-game balances in the game (player section) and in the townforge-wallet-cli wallet.
In townforge-wallet-cli, type:

balance

It'll show you both in-game and out-of-game balances. You can move your coins to/from the game at any point, your private keys control both.
luisinho26

Re: With which cryptocurrency the reward is received and with which wallet the balance can be seen.

Post by luisinho26 »

I see the balance both in and out of the game through the wallet, my question is if the currency is real and what is it called and how can I know the value of this currency
mooo

Post by mooo »

Ah, it's a testnet currently, so it has no value whatsoever.

When mainnet comes, gold mined on that chain might then have value, depending on whether people ascribe it any, same as any other cryptocurrency.
luisinho26

Post by luisinho26 »

Hola, entendido, pues espero que cuando salga la red principal valga 1€ cada gold jejeje. He anclado un enlace para que me confirmes si es esta criptomoneda la que está en prueba. Y supongo que se está trabajando para lanzar la red principal y en una wallet que se pueda hacer pagos en un futuro. El proyecto basado en juegos es muy interesante.

https://www.coingecko.com/es/monedas/gold
Syksy

Post by Syksy »

It'd be easier to communicate in English.

Anyway, I think it's way too early to speculate any price for Townforge gold. It is (at least I hope) largely determined by the quality of the game as well as its adoption quantity, so its fiat price is secondary in comparison with making a good game. The worth will follow in its footsteps, if the game itself is good.

EDIT: To clarify, the above link to some crypto called 'Gold' has no affiliation to the Townforge project. Most likely the currency for Townforge wil be called 'Townforge gold' in full.
luisinho26

Post by luisinho26 »

Sorry, I will speak in English. I understand the value, it was a joke about the price. I have been uncertain in cryptocurrencies for years and also mine bitcoin among others. I know that cryptocurrencies are still in an early stage. The game is very good, I love it and I will do what is in my power to help
Syksy

Post by Syksy »

Glad to hear that, glad to have you on board! :)
Just to be sure, you might want to check in to the IRC or the Discord, as well as the in-game chats. It is more lively there than here in the forums.